The psai EDITOR is the tool for authoring a psai Soundtrack.
Within the psai EDITOR you create a collection of Themes, import their related audio files, and configure the playback behavior.
In this tutorial we will create a small project with two Themes, import audio files and configure our soundtrack for interactive playback.
1. Adding a Theme
- Select "New Project" from the File menu. A file selector box appears, where you set the name and directory location of your new project.
- Add your first Theme, either by selecting "Add Theme" from the Project menu or from the Source Tree view's context menu (right-click somewhere in the Source Tree to open the context menu)
- The new Theme will now appear in your Source Tree view. Left-click the Theme there to select it. The Theme Properties Panel will appear.
- Click the "Name" field in the Theme Properties Panel to edit the name of your new Theme.
2. Importing Segments
A Segment represents a prerecorded musical segment that consist of an audio file and some associated information, like the level of its musical intensity.
A Segment always belongs to a Theme, and a Theme always consists of one ore more Groups. Groups help to support different instrumentations within a Theme.
Use the "default group" of a Theme if you don't want to use different instrumentations for now. You can always add or remove groups later and move the Segments if desired.
- Right-click the default group (or any other group) of your Theme within the Source Tree view. This will open the context menu.
- Select "Add Segment(s) from WAV file(s)". This will open a file selector window.
- Navigate to the directory where the audio files of your soundtrack reside, and select the audio file(s) to import. Hold [Ctrl] or [Shift] while left-clicking in the selector window to select multiple files.
- When your selection is complete, click "OK". A new Segment will be created for each selected audio file and added to the selected group of your Theme.